Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Welcome we are open!

I have been a busboy, a construction worker, a pizza delivery driver, a security guard, a waiter, a bartender, and a bar manager. I have sold cars, I have sold financial services, I have rented cars to people who had accidents, I have adjusted insurance claims for people who have been in accidents. I have recruited doctors, and I have managed the installation of telecommunications services all around the globe. I have traveled all over the US, and I have traveled abroad. I have attended a survival camp in the Utah desert, and I have been to Army Basic Training. I have studied art, history, business, and interpersonal communication. I have developed my own theories about people, politics, religion, and business. I have been to highschool, and I have been to college. I have been married, and I have been divorced.

I have stories to tell.

What you are about to read is a collection of semi- autobiographical, biographical, and fictional stories. The reason all these categories apply is that I can't verify any of this as truth. These are stories of things that have happened to me, things I have heard from friends, acquaintances, strangers, and things I read on Internet bulletin boards through the years. I can't properly cite any of it because I don't really know were I read it, who wrote it, when it was written, or when it happened. I can't say others haven't lied to me, or that I won't embellish the truth for the sake of the story. I can't say I won't alter the truth to avoid responsibility for embarrassing lapses of judgement.
If you know me, and you see a character that reminds you of yourself- then you should know that the character may be loosly, or closely based on you, but that doesn't mean the charecter is you. If you read a story, and the facts aren't 100% as you remember, then I twisted them to favor my agenda. I changed your name to protect you, and I am not going to apologize for fictionalizing you, or your story. You gave it to me when you told it to me. I hope you enjoy what you are going to read here. I will try to give you a story every week.

No comments: